Answers to some frequently asked questions:
1. How long does the caravan park open for through the year? The park is open 12 months of the year although only at weekends during the period January – February. Please note that the park is licensed as a holiday park so your caravan holiday home can not be used as a permanent residential home.
2. How long can I keep my holiday home on site for? If you purchase a new holiday home the licence agreement will run for 15 years. Ground rents will be charged annually.
3. What are the site fees? The site fees for 2019 are £1,320.00 (including VAT) for a static caravan holiday home. Site fees are payable in advance at the beginning of the year.
4. Are these fees likely to increase? Site fees will be revised each year and are likely to be in line with inflation.
5. What are the services provided to the site? Bottled LPG, electricity and water and a full sewage and treatment facility.
6. Do I have a choice of holiday homes to purchase? We have several stock holiday homes on site for viewing.
7. Is there a wireless internet facility available to holiday home owners? Not at this time. We plan to offer Wi-Fi throughout the park in the future. Please check our website for updates or contact us if you have a question. However, depending on your mobile phone provider a 3G and 4G signal is available.
8. Can my friends and family use my holiday home? Yes, with prior approval.
9. Can I have boxes and balconies? Two storage boxes are allowed per holiday home (please ask us about restrictions), decking and skirting is only available and is included in the price.
10. Can I bring my pets? Guide dogs only are permitted on the park.
11. Is there private fishing nearby? Fishing is available in the local area.
12. Is there a golf course I can use? There are a number of courses in the local area, please ask us for more information.
13. Is car parking provided? Car parking is available in a large car park near the holiday homes. Loading and unloading is available adjacent to holiday homes.
14. Is there a shop available? There are several small shops in Strangford village with larger shops and big-name supermarkets in nearby Downpatrick.
15. What activities are available locally? Strangford Holiday Park is ideally located for exploring the shores of Strangford Lough and the County Down countryside. The perfect spot for walking, exploring historical sites as well as bird and wildlife watching. Boat trips, fishing, golf courses, country parks and the Mourne Mountains are all within easy reach of the park. For more information on the local area, please contact us.